FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Found this Chip looking thing and need to know what it is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elmetal
HG Junior

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Found this Chip looking thing and need to know what it is Reply with quote

I posted the Pictures in the gallery part.

I found this chip looking thing at school and I am wondering if there is anything i can do with it because it sayd 2Mbit SSTTLP27 so by the 2 MBit I'm guessing it can be programmed to do something. if anyone could help at all. it has 16 pins on each side.

UPDATE: I didn't put it in the gallery cus I couldn't activate my login. anyway, I am pretty sure this came off a motherboard, with my knowledge of computers this looks like a BIOS chip... EEPROM I think is the kind of memory. does anyone know if I can use this in anyway? maybe program the chip for an LED lightshow? anybody?

Thanks guys

BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It prolly is an EEPROM chip, but without much documentation, it seems mostly useless. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it does sounds like an EEPROM and there are some neat things you can do with them and some LEDs:
http://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/ledsign/ledsign.html

I am not sure why the gallery didn't work for you, where did the process go bad? Did it send you a confirmation email? In the mean time email me the picture and I will post it in this thread for you.

admin at hackedgadgets.com
Elmetalc

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dude. I dunno if I can find documentation for this. I did go back to school after my post in the tech lab and find out that it did in fact come from a motherboard. it's an emachines. I will get the mobo info tomorrow and see what's happening. thanks
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thats some cool stuff. never even thought of using an eeprom without a microcontroller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: