FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Need project ideas.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tadichi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Need project ideas. Reply with quote

I have recently come into possesion of a Heat recovery unit used in air conditioning, and am trying to find some not too complicated and easy to do projects that me and my dad can work on together. It has a double coil, with a circulator pump and is 230Volts, 150Psi max. I have never done anything more than woodworking and would like to start in projects such as is on this site. pictures are as follows.

thank you for any help.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tadichi,

Looks like a cool unit, not sure what type of project would need hot water, but the pump sounds like it could be put to good use. You could make a Halloween prop that has "blood" pouring out of its mouth into a barrel. If this can actually boost pressure to 150 LBS you could make a huge super soaker or 2 liter pop bottle launcher.
Tadichi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that I didnt understand just what this does. the unit takes two liquids and cools or heats them without having them touch eachother, so you can make from freezing to boiling water. and it seems that ive taken the psi out of context, If turned into a water gun it will tear skin off is how much pressure is forced through while heating/cooling. these are very expensive ($600-$1000, but we got one for free)and are almost never used in a/c unless the system is old. thank you for the ideas though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: