FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Looking for a Recording/Playback type device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SurgicalArts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Looking for a Recording/Playback type device Reply with quote

So ideally, I'm looking for some type of device for a stuffed plush toy that can record then playback and cycle through multiple sound files by the pushing a button. High quality sound is definitely preferred, and it would need to be able to receive sound files from a computer.
For example: You squeeze the teddy bear's paw, it says Phrase1, squeeze the paw again, it says Phrase 2, etc... then it loops back to Phrase1 after the 3rd, 4th or 5th phrase.

It would need to be under $20 or so (if I could get it to $10 or less, that would be fantastic). I would be willing to assemble it if I could get some help on parts needed, and how I would assemble it together.
It would be even better if it's powered by a 9-volt or 2 AA's.

Here I have found something similar to what I have in mind, however, each sound file is activated by a different button.
http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3003/.f?sc=8&category=2
Is there a way I could modify to just one button that cycles through the messages? Is there a better module to be found, or a more efficient (perhaps more cost effective) way to make my own? I wouldn't need the microphone as sounds would come from the computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: