FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Adding extra flash memory to Creative muvo slim mp3 player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abkonnet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Adding extra flash memory to Creative muvo slim mp3 player Reply with quote

Hi, i have a 256Mb Creative muvo slim mp3 player. I like this player very much and always listen to the songs in it. I need to upgrade the memory of the player, is there any body help me to upgrade the flash memory of the player to 1 Gb or 2Gb the player has additional space for another flas chip.

abkonnet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have took a 2gb flash from a pen drive and remove the old flash from the player and add the new flash. then update the firmware but the update stop in half. any idea.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abkonnet wrote:
I have took a 2gb flash from a pen drive and remove the old flash from the player and add the new flash. then update the firmware but the update stop in half. any idea.

I am thinking that the player might not be smart enough to determine what size memory it has. It is probably hard coded. Does the new firmware expect the new memory size?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: