FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Turning GPS tracks to pretty pictures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
avtanski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Turning GPS tracks to pretty pictures Reply with quote

Hello,

Sorry if this turns out to be off-topic. Well, it's computer related although it's mostly coding and not hardware hacking...

I carry with me a Garmin GPS and often have it running and recording while I go to walks, hikes, bike rides, and even when commuting to work. I wrote some Perl scripts to visualize accumulated data, color coded for speed. Here is how the area around my home looks like:

Here RED is driving, GREEN is bikind, and BLUE is walking/hiking. Makes a pretty desktop wallpaper. More images and a video are available here:

http://avtanski.net/projects/gps/

In case you have some GPS logs yourself and want to give it a try, the scripts can be downloaded from the same page. Please, let me know if you have any problems with the scripts - they should work for most GPS devices.

Regards,

- Alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: