FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

A power supply for my camera

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JingleJoe
HG Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: A power supply for my camera Reply with quote

As many of us have experienced, digital cameras eat batteries faster than a gannet eats fish, the simple solution for indoor photography is a mains power supply - an adapter. However I was unable to find one for my model of camera and not only that, I have no idea what the polarity of the adapter connections are in the camera.
So I built this!

It has a connector made of mahogany in the shape of two AA batteries which fits into the battery compartment, held in place with some stylish electrical tape Cool Of course I couldn't photograph that because it was inside the camera powering it so I could take the above photos Razz

The power supply is made entirely from junk I found around my lab/workshop Smile the transformer is from some old junk, the bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitor board is from some other old junk and I made a voltage regulator from components harvested from other bits of old junk, the heatsink for the regulator IC is a peice of tin can, containing beans originally Wink

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. I remember seeing this type of device power connection years ago with D and C cells. You would install these battery sized items into the device to be powered and then it gets plugged into a wall wart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: