Joined: 08 May 2009
|Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:10 pm Post subject: Anyone know how to blow out dj speakers with a device scienc
|I have a science project for a class basically I am looking for something stand out that no one will forget and everyone will find very interesting so what I want to do is set up some dj grade speakers like you see at dances clubs and bars then I want to make a device that is compact and has the capability to cause the speakers to blow themselves out when activating this device people have suggested emp type devices what would be the safest most compact one I could build that will effectively blow out the speakers when turned on accomplishing my project getting me an A+ any advice is greatly appreciated I will also be willing to buy any device that can do this successfully.
Now I did come across this it apparently will fry cellphones I have yet to try it does anyone know if the following will work on cellphones and possibly dj speakers:
How to Make an Electromagnetic Pulse
All you need is some disposable cameras and some 24swg copper insulated wire
1Buy some disposable cameras, more the better, but the more dangerous.
2open up cameras wear insulating material on hands, find the photolytic capacitor (big one) then take it out short the two ends of the terminals with a screwdriver#
3BE CAREFUL AS HIGH VOLTAGE
4link any number of those in series then add a diode facing the positive of one terminal.
5find a round pen about 1 cm wide, then wrap about 5 meters of copper wire around it .
6connect the two terminals on the end of the parallel circuit -/+(series of capacitors). One to a high voltage switch- then to one end of the coil. then the other terminal to the other end of the wire coil.
7On the end of the diode (make sure its the right way in, Google diodes) connect a 9 volt battery to the end of the diode and the parallel terminal next to it to the other end of the battery, make sure the battery + is connected to the capacitor +. the capacitor will charge up. (330 volts per disposable camera
8Then when ready, IN A FIELD AWAY FROM ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICE(inc. MOBILE PHONES ETC.) apart from an old watch or something (it will be fried) pull the switch
Thank you for all feedback and advice
Also sound is a wave maybe a device that overloads the sound wave causing interference can cause a dj grade speaker to blow out ????