FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

What are cold soldering?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhotonicGuy
HG Junior

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: What are cold soldering? Reply with quote

I was told that the car computer board is faulty and should be replaced. But is very expensive so I searched for alternatives. Someone told me that electronics can be repaired by this method. What would reultatul? You may ruin it all right? What is cold soldering?

JingleJoe
HG Supreme

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think there is such a method as cold soldering because soldering requires heat to melt the solder and connect electronic components together.

There is something known as a cold solder joint which means a solder joint that did not connect properly.
swboy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this way you will use Silver Conductive Epoxy as a cold solder method
to avoid redesigning circuit.
bsherrin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the cold heat soldering iron is a great and cheap thing to use to make a mod, probably one of the easiest things to make a mod out of.. and I think it actually looks quite good and feels good in the hand. I am using 4 ..1.2 AA size Ni mh batteries which actually chuck out just over 5 volts fully charged and is producing tons of vapour...but you could easily put a dummy battery in and reduce the voltage.
technewson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, in the world of electronics cold soldering means that 1 or more components have a faulty soldering. Normally this happens when the component has been soldered for a long time or simply during the manufacturing process there were issues during the soldering process; temperature, time of the soldering and so own. This happens with through hole and SMT (surface mount) devices. To fix cold soldering problems, just use a soldering iron on every faulty soldering (cold soldering). Its also good to use soldering flux,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: