FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Help spoofing Mazda3 Tape Deck Serial Handshake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backXslash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Help spoofing Mazda3 Tape Deck Serial Handshake Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm new here, and wanted to get your help with something.

I've been driving a 2004 Mazda3i for about two years now, and it's sorely lacking an auxiliary input. There is a product that seems to be the perfect thing for this, called the AuxMod. (It's made by a company called Sylfex)

They've had repeated problems getting the connectors for the head unit, and as such are almost never in stock. (Seriously, they've had them in stock for about one month [cumulative] for the last 3 years.)

Seeing as I can't buy one, I figured I'd make one. From their picture, it looks like they're using a pretty basic micro-controller to spoof the "handshake" that the head unit is looking for, and maybe an op-amp to amplify incoming signal, and the supporting circuitry to do those two things.

Given as I am FAR from an EE, and am really only a dabbler, I was hoping you guys could help me figure it out? I'm a pretty fair hand with a soldering iron, and I'm sure I can figure out the in's and out's of a micro-controller programmer.

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: