FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

In need of LED help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuzion
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: In need of LED help Reply with quote

I have a 18v worklight that I bumped while it was on and killed the bulb. This gave me an exc...err reason to upgrade to LED.

I found a SSC P7 LED on eBay that puts out some crazy light, 900lm @ 2.8 amps. I have a DC/DC regulator with an input range of 18-75VDC and an output of 5VDC @ 2 amps. My question is how do I make them play well together? I have ran some calculations and am not sure what value to plug in for the LED, 3.3, 3.6, or 4.2?

SSC P7 specs
Vf = 3.3VDC @ 1.4 amps: 3.6VDC typ: 4.2VDC max
If = 2800 mA
lm = 400 @ 3.3VDC: 700 @ 3.6VDC: 900 @ 4.2VDC

5V source and 3.3V across the LED = 0.85 ohms @ 3.4 watts using 2 amps
5V source and 3.6V across the LED = 0.70 ohms @ 2.8 watts using 2 amps
5V source and 4.2V across the LED = 0.60 ohms @ 1.6 watts using 2 amps

I have access to resistors up to 50W. It seems that for my application and enclosure size that a 5W is the biggest I can go.

Link to SSC P7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: