FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Did Google rip off Leapfish?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grow14me2
HG Junior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Did Google rip off Leapfish? Reply with quote

In the beginning of November, I turn my computer on and Leapfish (my homepage) was completely new. It was also much better and in the end I liked it even more. Leapfish had added a great function called real time search where you could see the latest posts, comments, tweets etc. on something you searched. Within a week I had most of my office using Leapfish for search and home pages.

They put out this video which was a cool ad idea and really well put together and really showed all of Leapfish’s features including real-time search:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcMK1vPWFM

I was happy enjoying my Leapfish search action, when up popped in my real time news section a video from Google. I watched the video (see link below) and was unimpressed. The biggest difference is that with Leapfish the whole page could be used for real time, not just the real time window.

Google’s video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkYmx4A9Do

So, it looks to me that Google may have ripped off Leapfish?

I mean Leapfish was first with real time search a month before Google came out with their video which shows they now have it.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar look and feel but the Leapfish video is much better.
JingleJoe
HG Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefare leapfish, because they had more epic music Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: