FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

schematics question (with attachment)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sho_Bud
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: schematics question (with attachment) Reply with quote

I'm trying to fix my roland space echo. The reverb stopped working. I'm trying to poke around with my multimeter set on continuity, but i've just recently started trying to learn electronics and i'm limited with reading schematics.

In the space echo schematics that i've attached, i first can't figure out which end of the reverb unit (outlined in RED) is IN and which is OUT. I've connected one of the multimeter probes to the IN (or OUT... again, not sure which is which) RCA cable of the reverb. Using the schematics i can see there is a connection at point #33, so i'm following the path and i'm not getting continuity after the component that i outlined in blue. Not sure if there should even be continuity.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

i color coded the connection points on the reverb. Hopefully someone can tell me which is which. hopefully i've supplied enough info.

Thanks!

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sho Bud,

I know nothing about this circuit but I can see that the green port is an output from the op-amp and the yellow port feeds into the base of Q10.

Between E and 32 you should see a signal. A scope would be best but a meter should be able to pick it up also.
Sho_Bud
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan, Thanks for your reply!

Not sure what you mean by "Between E and 32 you should see a signal"?

Could I connect points in the chain directly to an amp with a speaker to see if i get signal out the speaker?

I have an old Tektronix scope that was my grandfathers...it hadn't been turned on in a long time until just the other day. Do you think i would need to get it calibrated? I also need to buy some probes.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sho_Bud wrote:
Hi Alan, Thanks for your reply!

Not sure what you mean by "Between E and 32 you should see a signal"?

Could I connect points in the chain directly to an amp with a speaker to see if i get signal out the speaker?

I have an old Tektronix scope that was my grandfathers...it hadn't been turned on in a long time until just the other day. Do you think i would need to get it calibrated? I also need to buy some probes.

The component that you have highlighted in red is a capacitor, you will not read continuity through that device.

I meant that if you connect a meter to point E and point 32 you should see a signal when in use. That feeds out to the reverb which I think is usually some type of large spring? Not real sure since I have never worked on one before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: