FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Need help with an idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shedinja726

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Need help with an idea Reply with quote

I'm currently working on something, (I'll post it if I ever make it), but I need help with an important part, because I'm no good with digital cameras. I basically need to be able to see through the screen as if it were recording a video, without actually recording the video (in other words, if you pointed it at something, you would see it on the screen, almost like a web-cam), preferably made from a digital camera so that the screen is small. It should also be readily available for use with a simple on/off function. It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me with this, even more so if it didn't have any sort of casing around it, (in other words, just the bare wires, battery, screen, lens, etc.) so I can add it to my project easier.

Does anyone know how i could accomplish this?

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with an idea Reply with quote

shedinja726 wrote:
I'm currently working on something, (I'll post it if I ever make it), but I need help with an important part, because I'm no good with digital cameras. I basically need to be able to see through the screen as if it were recording a video, without actually recording the video (in other words, if you pointed it at something, you would see it on the screen, almost like a web-cam), preferably made from a digital camera so that the screen is small. It should also be readily available for use with a simple on/off function. It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me with this, even more so if it didn't have any sort of casing around it, (in other words, just the bare wires, battery, screen, lens, etc.) so I can add it to my project easier.

Does anyone know how i could accomplish this?

I am probably missing something. Could you not just use an old digital camera?
shedinja726

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, I need to have a working digital camera (but it doesn't have to take pictures, just let me see what the lens is pointed at on a digital screen) without it having a housing/case, and as little unnecessary parts as possible.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shedinja726 wrote:
In other words, I need to have a working digital camera (but it doesn't have to take pictures, just let me see what the lens is pointed at on a digital screen) without it having a housing/case, and as little unnecessary parts as possible.

I would look on eBay or a similar site and either get a 10 year old digital camera for 10 or 20 dollars or look for one that is broken but still has the functionality that you need. That would be cheaper than purchasing a display module, a CCD and the electronics to allow the CCD image to be displayed on the display.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=broken+digital+camera&_sacat=See-All-Categories
JingleJoe
HG Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get really cheap CCTV systems which are basically little webcams, hook that up to a small screen like a portable television and you're set to go Very Happy
TrimJim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: goggles and a transmitter/receiver Reply with quote

Here are inexpensive goggles and a transmitter and receiver that I plan to use on the Quadcopter Drone that I plan to build for F.P.V. (First Person View) and Amateur Aerial Photography. I plan to use a GoPro Camera but there are many inexpensive cameras available on eBay or elsewhere. I suppose you could attach a really cheap web cam type camera to a transmitter/receiver and the goggles. I reciently bought a wireless spy cam from eBay just to play with. The video was not great, nor was the distance it would transmit but it was really cheap coming from China and I had fun playing with it.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__53706__Quanum_DIY_FPV_Goggle_Set_with_Monitor_KIT_.html

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15295__SkyZone_5_8Ghz_200mw_FPV_Wireless_AV_Tx_Rx_Set.html?strSearch=200mW

Let me know if this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: