FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

360 Wireless controller Light Mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popinns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: 360 Wireless controller Light Mod Reply with quote

Hey im new to modding and i was wondering if anyone can help me out because im trying to mod my 360 controller with the ABXY lights and i cant figure out if it will work or not because of the amount of voltage that the batteries supply ANY help at all would Greatly be apreciated.

lilunwl
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popinns.
Yes you can add LEDs to the ABXY buttons. With the voltage supplied though you will have to find low foward voltage LEDs and use them. Blue will be the toughest for you to find. I have used blue 0603 surface mount LED's. The easiest way is to use all white. If you use all 4 colors you will need a separate resistor for each LED with a different forward foltage. I have added a coin cell 3v battery and resisted down from the 6v in a few I have done but thats fully optional. If you know how to resist leds properly you will have no problem at all. An easy way is to get the 4 leds first and try hooking them up to 2 AA batteries. If only certain ones light up you know you will need to resist them ones down. If you need any extra help let me know and I will try an give you a hand. I have done more than a couple of these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: