FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

howto turn an fm transmitter to a mic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: howto turn an fm transmitter to a mic? Reply with quote

Hello,
I don't know much about electronics but am trying to build a cheap wireless microphone to feed some data coming from a solar powered sound module to the computer. So I would like to connect the piezo sensor, which works as an amplifier for the sound module to an fm-transmitter.

An fm transmitter used for connecting mp3players to car radio could be a solution. So instead of a car radio I use a radio-CD set to receive RF from the transmitter. Then with an external sound card I feed the RF data from the radio to my computer.
Now am trying to connect the piezo to the fm transmitter. The fm-transmitter gadget has a stereo mini jack extension (see model here). Is there a way to connect it to a piezo sensor? Do I need to build a mini amplifier between the mini jack and the piezo?
here's a photo of the fm transmitter hardware

thanks
-f

arachne007
HG Junior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the input of fm-transmitter should be audio signals so you should add simple converter and amplifier between piezo n fm transmiter. what piezo sensor do u use? there are many simple piezo microphone circuit out there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Toy Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: