FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Need serious help with 16F628 interrupt for POV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Microcontroller Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motions

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Need serious help with 16F628 interrupt for POV Reply with quote

I finished building Alan's hard drive clock and everything worked almost great. I used a 7200rpm drive and does not work. Alan said this code was written for a 5400rpm drive is the reason.

So, having never written PIC code before, I need to find out how to get this to work on a 7200rpm drive. I would really like to use the sensor for display timing so it wouldn't matter what speed it is.

If this is possible, can someone please point me in the right direction. I can edit and program, I just have no idea what I'm looking at. Crying or Very sad

Scott

Motions

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I messed around with some settings and was able to change the timing but it's still way off. I'm pulling my hair out now and ready to pay for some help or just scrap it and move to another project.

Here's what I got so far ... http://www.motechsystems.com/clock/

Scott
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott.

Looks like you are almost there. Is the rotational sensor working properly? If you lower the HandWidth and SecondWidth the hands may not be in the correct position but does it stabilize them?
Motions

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SOOOOO much for replying. If you look at the last (4th) video, you can see I did actually get the hands to stabilize...somewhat. They still jerk on every tick though.

I'm starting to think it may be the damage to the spindle motor making it vary. (Note: DO NOT let the 12vdc come in contact with the platters Shocked )

I was hoping to rewrite the code so it was time based like Ian's but I have no idea what I'm doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Microcontroller Resources All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: