FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Who knows how to blow pro audio speakers not touching them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sciwhyfly
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Who knows how to blow pro audio speakers not touching them Reply with quote

IM working on a science project looking to make pro audio spekers blow out without touching the speakers and having no controll of the speakers. The speakers used in this project im looking to make blow out are the kind you see at a club or dance that dj people use.

an example is a person makes a compact device that can fit in a pocket or purse this device with the push of a button can send some sort of interfeirence into the air that will cause nearby pro audio speakers to malfunction and blow them out or distort the sound quility making annoying screetches and buzzing sound etc..

ever hold a cellphone near a speaker when the phone gets a call the speaker makes a buzzing sound looking to do something like that but much stronger.

where is a good place to find information on this ?

Would a demagnitizer work ?Thank you very much for any knowledge you may have

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To cause interference in a speaker you would need lots of energy. The effect you are talking about when you hold a cell phone close to a speaker is actually not effecting the speaker but rather the amplifier circuit.

I can't think of a covert way of doing that from a distance.
sciwhyfly
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply People on other sites have mentioned emp devices , radio feqency devices and magbetic devices any feedback on those suggestions ?
sciwhyfly
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea there are some spelling errors in the above reply the last device mentioned is magnetic
sciwhyfly
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are copys of some replys I got on other websites:

1. do you have access to the speaker wires? could you run current through them to blow them?
2. cell phones emit strong electromagnetic wave when they are in use, and speakers are just a magnet and an electromagnet with a cone attached to them. U need a device that can emit an electromagnetic wave.
3. the closer to the speaker that you are, the more effective the electromagnetic device will be.

try radio transmitters, stun guns or make an EMP device.
good luck.

I don't know that much about electromagnetic interference and harmonic jamming, but I've used a 100Mhz crystal oscillator with an 80cm long antenna stuck on it to shut up my neighbors obnoxious FM - (works in traffic too haha) Only thing is that 100Mhz oscillators are pretty rare, but I managed to find one on some old circuit board from the 90s and de-soldered it. I hooked up power as shown, and stuck on an antenna made from a thin piece of wire. The one I used doesn't put out a square wave. It works by the fact that most cheap radios will have inadequate bandpass filtering on their front end, so the 100Mhz signal swamps stuff out. Most people find a brand new oscillator will only blank out 98-102Mhz. My oscillator was taken from a 486DX4-100 motherboard. Other people have had some success finding similar oscillators and trying this on the Hackaday comments thread. Not every oscillator will have the same pin out as the one I had. As for the actual speakers themselves, I've been a DJ since 1996 and have blown close a good 30, but have really only come to one conclusion: the diaphragm, coil, magnet and cone of the speaker contain parts unaffected by any EM or RW wavelengths. The source is the best way. You could always try an EM jammer, but they're a bitch to make and harder to find than 100MHz oscillators. I wish you the best! Sorry I can't be more help, just bored!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: anything new on that topic Reply with quote

I have really noisy neighbours which like to listen music loudly. I am tired of asking them to stop or calling the cops. So I am looking for a device with which I can interfere their speakers. I suppose that device will have the same effect on the speakers as the GSM before it starts ringing. Any suggestings?
gr00ve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB gun will do the trick.. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: