FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Speed meter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexanderfranca

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Speed meter Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

First of all, excuse my English, I'm Brazilian.

So, I really like to run everyday, but at the moment I have to know better about my running speed.

And, of course, I don't have money enough to spend on a Garmin speed meter (something like 200 dollars, but here it is six or seven times that price because the taxes and profit).

Is there any way to make a ordinary cellular phone (I have a Motorola A1200) working as a speed meter (tie any kind of GPS and write a software to do the job)?

I really don't know if I'm suggesting a madness, sorry if it's a non-sense.

[]'s
Alexander
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure it is possible. The only question would be if you would be able to program an application for the phone. By that I mean the development software may not be available for anyone. Most phones will accept java programs buy you would probably not have access to the GPS using java.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: