FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

What do you think about itunes plus?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed_ted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: What do you think about itunes plus? Reply with quote

It's known that till April or so everything on itunes should be drm free, and that they created a new service called Itunes plus. Thatís good news but what about the songs bought from them before deciding to sell drm free music, those are still protected. You can choose to upgrade them to itunes plus but not for free, of course you'd have to pay a fee. I was wondering, is it worth upgrading ?

Ylowa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a great decision to free the DRM and regarding the upgrading I donít think itís a great idea cause so you lose a big amount of money especially if your library is huge. Yeah, another way to make money. I really donít agree to pay for a track that Iíve already paid for it. And this is not about one track, cause I have a lot of music from them. Bad move in my opinion.
rickyricher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old news, if u ask me.This happened before and I could have swore it would happen again.Screw over the paying costumer.
speedytom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís a rip off that you have to pay an additional 30 cents for tracks you already paid for. I have quite a lot of music from them but Iím still deciding on what I should do. I would really like to see the day when all my music is drm free but don't think itís worth the price. Itís good at least that I get to choose what I want to keep, not upgrade only the whole library.
Namaste

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those persons are called thieves cause they're trying to steal as much as they can from us. They should do a 100% discount for the persons which are buying music from them all the time, because we paid a lot for music. Iím not agree with this either. But unfortunately they donít take into consideration our needs.
Ylowa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was happy when I saw that theyíll free that crappy DRM but I didnít calculate how much Iíll spend again for the same music. I didnít do that yet, but I have about 450 DRM-ed tracks from Itunes store. Yeah, I spend a lot of money on yheir music and now I have to pay again???? Too much money spending on what??? If I think twice I regret I got all that music from there. Iím wondering if you can remove the DRM in other way.
rickyricher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no one should be too excited.The music they sell now might be without drm, but your email or id will be tied to the files you buy. I would think twice about sharing my music and risk having music on the web that could be traced back to me.
ed_ted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to share my music anywhere, so I couldnít care less about this. Although Iím still not convinced about upgrading , Iím not that happy with having to choose only the ones I listen to all the time.I paid for all the music. One thing I like is that, at least ,the upgraded music is in better quality than the ones I have now.
margie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that sensing the difference in quality of the music depends on the gear you use to listen to your music.If you listen to it on the earbuds that come with the iPod, those are hardly good audiophile quality,I bet u wonít really see the difference. Of course if u have good headphones or quality stereo speakers you might find a small difference.But still sucks having to pay for that upgrade.
Namaste

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís good they've increased the quality of the files, but they should have done this some time ago, not really now, because it smells like advertising: DRM is free now, but you can upgrade your files with 0.30$ but with higher quality. Youíre right, how better would be the quality? And of course it's not perceptible when you're listen to ipod.
Martian
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great idea!!! Iím really glad theyíve done this so now I have all the music DRM-ed free and I can play it on all the music players I wantÖ.. Really I like this idea and Iíll upgrade all my music I bought so far. Donít think I have a few songs, no, I have about 300 and I donít want to lose my music. And letís be honest, 0.30$ per song it isnít that much.
speedytom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ainít that too much money to spend on some music that u paid for already?Although I donít like the idea to keep the music I have from them with drm, and Iím not really that sure if I could tell the difference between 128 kbps and 256 kbps if I listen to it on ipod.
rubiklou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did like to buy from itunes,I only have few files from them. But I pity those who have a lot of music and videos. Another way to have the music without drm would probably be interesting to find.
Ylowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian, that's great for you, it seems that you can afford to throw your money on smth that you've already paid for. Well, not everybody can do that, like me.... I don't even accept the idea of paying again for my music I've bought one... In this moment I'm thinking to leave it with DRM till I find another way to remove the DRM.
Martian
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I have so much money and I definatelly don't throw them on nothing. I just love my music and I don't want to have it with DRM. And still I think that they really care about our needs because thay've increased the files' quality which is an important step.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: