FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Interfacing with the Nintendo DS Lite Screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshamuffin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Interfacing with the Nintendo DS Lite Screens Reply with quote

I wish to know some sort of way to interface with the NDS Lite screens and a microcontroller. Does anybody know of any articles or general methods of interfacing with LCD screens? (Must be basic, I'm a beginner) I ripped the screens out of an NDS Lite that was broken and wish to use them for learning and some other things.

In my F.I.R.S.T. Robotics team, I've programmed for the past couple of years. This year, I got heavily involved with the electrical wiring and control system. I now wish to use some of that knowledge to do some things of my own. Does anybody know of a way to recycle these screens into something new and cool.

If there is a certain microcontroller that you would recommend for the job, please check if there is a "sample" option for it and it can be programmed in C++.

HyperHacker
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the easiest way would be custom software running on the DS. Razz Seriously though, if the problem is just something like corrupt firmware or faulty buttons, that would be a feasible method. The cartridge interfaces provide fast serial and parallel connections, and there are firmware hacks easily found on DS homebrew sites that will let it boot from cartridges in either slot, leaving the other free for I/O.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: