FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Memory card trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LGKC550

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Memory card trouble Reply with quote

i recently got a LG KC550 and today my memory card has not been showing up properly on the phone....it also says that 0% has been used even though i can't do anything with it.

but before it doen this i had pictures on it .. doe sthis mean my pictures have all been deleted?

please help..they were very important pictures

Thanks in advance

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way you could connect the card to your computer?
pittspeng
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory card trouble Reply with quote

well it is a possibility that the pictures arnt on the card or mabey the reader in ur phone to read the micro SD card has malfunctioned. and if thats not it then u may have accidently formatted ur card. but all in all if none of thats it, it may jus be the SD card itself.

but if you have an adaptor for the card so it can be put into ur computer do so that way it may be ur best shot
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Turd and Pittspeng mentioned I would connect it to a computer but even if it shows up I would not attempt to copy any data to it to see if it works. Since this could corrupt data that may be there but not showing because of a corrupt TOC.

I would run some recovery software against it to see it it can find anything. I have heard of some great results but I am not sure which ones are the best. Here is one that looks not bad.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/smartrecovery.html

Good luck. Smile
ginbot86
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. You need to be careful because microSD and miniSD have no write-protect switch to keep data from getting corruped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: