FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Turning a momentary switch into a standard on/off switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Turning a momentary switch into a standard on/off switch Reply with quote

In my searches to better understand how things work, I asked myself how a think like my computer can use a momentary switch to turn on and off, and how I can simplify it to work on smaller scale devices. Messing with my circuit simulator one day, I was looking at the internals of a 4-bit counter and I noted that the flop-flop elements of it might be used to turn it from turn on and off ten outputs to make it turn off only one. "Eureka" Twisted Evil I discovered that it could be easily done with a single JK Flip-Flop! What I found that was even better was that the momentary switch did not matter if it was NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed)! Also, it alternates betweem Q and the 2nd Q so you can activate the other circuit when one of them is off. (I placed LEDs for those people that want to see which circuit is active)

The JK version:

And for those that want to make it using NAnd Gates:

Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another image will be posted showing how you can do it with a D flip-flop when I get home. I will not be showing the internals for it because they are quite similar to the JK Flip-flop's Wink
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project_Nightmare wrote:
Well, another image will be posted showing how you can do it with a D flip-flop when I get home. I will not be showing the internals for it because they are quite similar to the JK Flip-flop's Wink

Thanks for the info, I am sure they will help some people out.
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Project_Nightmare wrote:

Thanks for the info, I am sure they will help some people out.

Thanks Cool And here's the picture that I forgot to post yesterday:

steve0
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for info.It's useful !
________
VAPORIZER WIKI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Resources All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: