FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

LED FRISBEE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
triumphman
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: LED FRISBEE Reply with quote

This frisbee was made a long time ago before anything with LEDs came onto the market. Its very simple. All you need is an old or new frisbee, 8", 10', 11' size. Four red or whatever color you like, but red looks the coolest . Some scotch or duct tape, some short thin wires, a 9v. battery clip, a 9v. battery, a drill or dremel or if you have neither a pocket knife or small bladed tool (very primitive to use though) I'd stick to the drill.
You MUST make the LED holes snug for the LED heads to stick out of the rim of the FRISBEE. If you don't they will come out on impact.
Just run all the ANODES (+) and CATHODES (-) to the 9V. battery and tape it in the exact center inside the FRISBEE. Your eyes and reaction times to catch it in total (almost) darkness will adjust and you will be
surprised how easily it is to throw and catch. Have fun! I would post
pictures but I am not quite sure how to do it. I have jpeg files in my windows documents, can anyone tell me how to post these to this spot???????? Thanks. Razz

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sign up at Photobucket Very Happy

eric
triumphman
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: photobuckets Reply with quote

[quote="Turd"]Just sign up at [url=http://photobucket.com/]Photobucket[/url] Very Happy

eric[/quote] To:ERIC From: TRiumphman 2-2-08 11:40 A.M. Sat.
I tried your suggestion, Photobuckets. I uploaded my pics(jpegs) but their program would not send them to hackedgadgets. Tried all their help
suggestions and tips but NO GOOD! How do those cool pictures appear at the top of hackedgadgets web pages??????? I have some good pics to share of my projects but how do I get them to you guys?????? Thanks for your help!!!
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi triumphman,

To get an image to show up you need to know the direct link to the image. When looking at the image that you uploaded to to the Web right click on it and click properties. This will show you the actual URL of the picture.

Once you know where the image is located, copy that location and paste it into the post you are making. It will look something like this:
http://forum.hackedgadgets.com/hg_title.png
For this example I right clicked on the title of this site.

Now highlight the entire link you just pasted in and click on the "Img" button just under the title of your post, that will tell the system that that is not just an image link but an image. Than click on preview to see what it looks like.

There may be a more direct way to get the URL out of Photobucket but I don't personally use it.

Hope that helps. Smile I look forward to seeing your pictures!
nexusone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: I did the same project as a kid some 30 odd years ago. Reply with quote

I took my dad's drill and a old frisbee, made four holes for the LEDs and one for a nut and screw to hold the 9volt battery holder in the center of the frisbee. soldered some wires to each LED in parallel and a resister between the battery and the LED's. Pick up the parts from Radio Shack with grass cutting money. Used duck tape to hold the wires and LED's in place.

Look like a UFO at night spinning around....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: