FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

I have gone Official!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: I have gone Official! Reply with quote

I have been making my own photolitho pc boards forever. I sell product with my own "homegrown" boards. Well I finaly took the blung and got a board house to make my boards. I used Pad2Pad, its quick and easy. Will go China shop next cause China pcb houses are dirt cheap.

Below is the first run for one version of Led Chasers. I just got the boards in the mail today. Finally, the anticipation was killing me!

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the board looks real good. Do you have a step by step build process for your kits? Or do you just sell them pre-built?
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are sold pre-built. SOIC and 1206 parts are a little (haha) much to handle for the non experienced. I will be moving to SSOP and 806 parts which are 1/2 the size of current parts. Now if I made that a kit I would have to include a microscope Razz
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the code is stabilizing in both the PIC and the PC application. I took some really rough shots of the application features from my laptop.

Again, these are USB powered and programmable led chaser boards.
http://www.anothercoilgunsite.com/chasers/8led-3a/part1.wmv 3MB
http://www.anothercoilgunsite.com/chasers/8led-3a/part2.wmv 8MB
http://www.anothercoilgunsite.com/chasers/8led-3a/part3.wmv 4MB

I do not want to alienate my Linux brethren, so I will make a Java version of my application soon I finish learning Java. The application supports both 8 and 16 led versions but no 16 led version boards are in the works yet.

Last edited by anotherhackmember on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great interface anotherhackmember!

When are you going to be selling these?

eric
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All patterns are composed of frames. Each frame has either 8 or 16 channels. Each channel spans from level 0 (off) to level 50 (full bright). User simply sets desired level per channel for each frame. Frames can be copied, pasted, rotated left and right, inserted and deleted. Frames also feature automatic fading. All user has to do is set the start and end levels and then enable fading, it just fads from one frame to the next. The led board will automatically either fade up or fade down and generated all the inbetween levels during pattern run time. Once a pattern is done, one click will burn the pattern into SPI EEPROM on the led board.

The hardware part is simple. The software, which is free, is where most my efforts are spent. The software is also a simulator so that if you do not have the hardware you may still create your own patterns till you decide to get the hardware Cool. There is also a Show Case. These are pattern configurations: lets say you want numbers 1,2,6,8,10 and 3 seconds between each or whatever other than straight 1 to 15, simply setup the Show Case and boom done. Each pattern burns into the led board in the time it take to click a mouse button, I bull shee-it you not. Software also supports Live Frames. This allows you to in real time view the led brightness levels on the real board at the same time in the software. Each led in software may also be re-arranged to a fixed shape or any shape by the user. I will have to get off my lazy but and film this to do it justice.

Update:
---------

The board is now ready! I just got them for the PCB house last night. This is the USB powered and configurable LED Chaser board. Its small, 1.2 x 1.5 inch and uses SSOP ICs, which are twice as dense in pin pitch as SOIC. Will add more later. Boss over shoulders Smile

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!

How do you solder the surface mount components? Are you using paste and a stencil?
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Looks great!
How do you solder the surface mount components? Are you using paste and a stencil?

I use an adjustable heat Weller, fine solder, and nerves of steel. SSOP is the only real challenge. Plan on going the paste stencil route and hot plate some day.
Shamrock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get one, I think this is the one that creates the cool patterns that I wanted a few years ago but couldn't find the source code or .hex Crying or Very sad

Where do you get that Pattern Creator - LED Chaser program???
Nvm, took me awhile to find that you made it, I'd love to get a copy of the program when you releace it Razz
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pattern Creator is my own software work in progress. The program will always be free. I can send you a beta copy now which will be similary from the release but different in looks and style both of which are the holder backs of the release.
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can wait. BTW, it looks great and I'll have a bunch of fun messing with it. Very Happy I'd especially like it if you have the program of the patterns that you made and showed on the old movies Cool

So, will the program only work with your LED PCBs or can we use it on our DIY circuits also? Twisted Evil
Nielubie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this article and saw the video's and I loved it.

Any updates on this project, the software, any possible kits forsale? I'm a noob to electronics but I have a huge project that I'm considering on playing around with (huge to a noob at least) and this software and board would make life so much easier to do what I need.

I checked out your personal website and I didn't see any updates so I'm not sure is the project dead or am I looking in the wrong places.

Thanks for your feedback.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T-Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will second the above
Love to have more info on this Exclamation Question Idea

Cheers
T-Mage
Nielubie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Mage wrote:
I will second the above
Love to have more info on this Exclamation Question Idea

Yeah, been a year since they last posted and I checked out the websites they have listed but no info. I'm thinking the project is probably dead. Time to learn some Cublock or Arduino Basic. Smile

It sucks because it looks like the proggi above made things so much easier.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: