FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

PUMPKIN CARVING PICS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: PUMPKIN CARVING PICS Reply with quote

In the spirit of Halloween I thought I would start a topic where people can post thier pumpkin carving pictures. I will start by posting some pics of the pumpkins my best friend and his family carved. I'll be posting mine tomorrow or the next night. Feel free to post your own carving pics here in this topic.

Thomas Edison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Smile the third one is my fav.
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are awesome!

You should light yours with orange LEDs and this Fading Red Eyes circuit Very Happy

eric
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always find pumkin carvings like this cool to look at Razz Too bad I don't have your skillz when it comes to making good lanturns Rolling Eyes
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to make a low resolution automated pumpkin carving machine. Have a long (5 or 6 inch) screw cutter being spun with a Dremel, then have X and Y position using some threaded rod and a stepper motor.
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
It would be cool to make a low resolution automated pumpkin carving machine. Have a long (5 or 6 inch) screw cutter being spun with a Dremel, then have X and Y position using some threaded rod and a stepper motor.
Cool idea! Very Happy
You could set the pumpkin on a turn-table that is being run by a stepper motor and have the Dremel horizontal and being moved up and down by a threaded rod and a stepper motor.

eric
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, but try to get it done by Halloween though lol. It would make for a fun project, I've never experimented with stepper motors. I still havn't gotten around to doing my carving yet.

Pumpkins are cheap for the most part, everyone go get a pumpkin at your local produce (Adams is a great place) and post some more pics of carvings. We could turn this into a contest if you guys want to. 10 more days left to get your carving pics posted.

The third one is my favorite as well, that one was done by my best friends' mother.

Thomas Edison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turntable is a great idea, that would allow to go around the entire front and sides of the pumpkin.

A good contest for next year could be for the best tech pumpkin (using LEDs for example).
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem that might occur is that the pumpkin surface is not smooth or flat, not to mention that you have to worry about the depth before you breach the innerwalls of the pumpkin Confused
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project_Nightmare wrote:
A problem that might occur is that the pumpkin surface is not smooth or flat, not to mention that you have to worry about the depth before you breach the innerwalls of the pumpkin Confused

You would manually plunge the device into the pumpkin at a pre-determined spot and have a rotary cutter that is long enough to go through very thick materials. I think it would very possible. I think I might have some steppers around somewhere but I am not sure how easy it would be to tie it into a computer program to direct it.
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda disappointed in you guys here. I figured everyone would submit some carving pictures in the spirit of Halloween. I'll do mine tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Thomas Edison
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not much of a pumpkin carver. Sad If one get done in the house it would probable be done be my daughter. if so I will post a pic of it...
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one comes to my house on Halloween Crying or Very sad So, my family stopped celebrating it Embarassed
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: New Pumkin Pics Reply with quote

Here's two more that my mother and my little brother MJ did. The big pumkin is eating the little pumpkin, I think that's pretty creative. The one my Mother did is scary looking. Mine's still comming, waiting til it's closer to Halloween.

Thomas Edison
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Those rock!

eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: