FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

PUMPKIN CARVING PICS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice carvings Very Happy This just re-a- sures me that I'm so uncreative Crying or Very sad I want to see more pumkins!!!! Twisted Evil

ElvinMoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: pumpkins Reply with quote

Come on precise... not much time left. I want to see what you can do!!

(MJ used a jig saw to cut away the large pieces, it was quite a site!)
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow those are so much better than the ones we make by downloading and printing a few stencils. Shocked Great job!! Very Happy
Project_Nightmare
HG Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: pumpkins Reply with quote

ElvinMoon wrote:
Come on precise... not much time left. I want to see what you can do!!

(MJ used a jig saw to cut away the large pieces, it was quite a site!)

We don't even have pumpkins at our house Embarassed
ElvinMoon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest problem is not carving too soon... the ones we did are starting to rot... perhaps precise has it right in waiting!!
Check out : extremepumpkins.com
There are some wonderful ideas there. I bought a book.."play with your pumpkins" by Joost Effries
He was the inspiration for the carving using the stem as a nose. Lots of good ideas out there!
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow, I'm going to do mine tomorrow. I'll be using a pattern that came with the carving kit I picked up off of Ebay. I'm having a hard time deciding which pattern to do, there's four of them that I like. I'm thinking I might do another pumpkin after this one with a different pattern. I'm going to go check out the info on that book and site, thanks Elvinmoon.

Thomas Edison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's going to have to be tomorrow lol. I did some tile work today so my ambition was pretty well draied by the afternoon. I'll have pics for you guys tomorrow night.

Thomas Edison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Finally Did Mine Reply with quote

I know it took me longer than I expected. You got one day left to post your carving, Halloween is tomorrow.

Thomas Edison
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thats cool Very Happy

eric
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eric, took me a few hours.

Thomas Edison
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Shocked
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tools did you use and what are you using to light?

eric
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Tools / Lighting Reply with quote

Thanks Alan.

I used these tiny saws from this kit by Pumpkin Magic, I got the kit off ebay. I also used a kitchen knife to cut out the top. The pattern is from a Pumkin Masters set. I used the transfer roller from that set to transfer the pattern to the pumkin.

To light it I used a candle that's in a clear shot glass, any short candle will do. I cut out vent holes in the pumpkin top to prevent burning. It's not hard, it just takes a while to clean out the pumpkin, tape and transfer the pattern, and then carve it.

Thomas Edison
ElvinMoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: pumpkins! Reply with quote

Wow!!! SO cool!... interesting choice of tripod there precise..*L* We Love it!
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought people would get a kick out of that, it's the only room without a window lol. I'm glad you guys like it, thanks.

Thomas Edison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: