FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Sequential chaser circuit questions..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cd0156

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Sequential chaser circuit questions.. Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a way to make a LED chaser that will only go one direction, say from a -> b, then repeat the process for a set number of times, then stop?

In addition, I would like to try to have one LED come on, then a second, then a third will flash quickly, then the repeated chase sequence, then all will turn off together...
I have been racking my brain and they do not seem to do what I want.. either they all flash or stay on, or they do what they should but do not stay on through the chase sequence...

Basically I am looking for this:

1. LED "a" on.
2. LED "b" on.
3. LED "c" flashing.
4. LED "chase" - (not sure how many, probably about 30, seperate from "a" - "c") from left to right four or five times, but never right to left.
5. ALL LEDs off.

ANY help on this will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sounds like it would be quite the circuit.

Hmm.... this might be a start.

But I think a microcontroller would be the way to go.
The only microcontroller that I know how to use is a PICAXE but they're really cool, cheap and easy to use Very Happy

eric
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turd has this one nailed, a microcontroller is the way to go. Cheap and flexible. No worry about timing, just a small amount of code... Smile
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sequential chaser circuit questions.. Reply with quote

cd0156 wrote:

Basically I am looking for this:

1. LED "a" on.
2. LED "b" on.
3. LED "c" flashing.
4. LED "chase" - (not sure how many, probably about 30, seperate from "a" - "c") from left to right four or five times, but never right to left.
5. ALL LEDs off.

ANY help on this will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

I am in the finishing stages of releasing a user configurable LED chaser controlled by USB or Rs232 and does all you requested and more. But until then I can always make add a custom pattern very easy. Take a look here for selection: http://stores.ebay.com/LED-CHASERS-PLUS
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anotherhackmember, those are pretty cool! Very Happy
How does the user customize the patterns?

eric
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sequential chaser circuit questions.. Reply with quote

I am in the finishing stages of releasing a user configurable LED chaser controlled by USB or Rs232 and does all you requested and more. But until then I can always make add a custom pattern very easy. Take a look here for selection: http://stores.ebay.com/LED-CHASERS-PLUS[/quote]

Nice price and great look!
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All patterns are composed of frames. Each frame has either 8 or 16 channels. Each channel spans from level 0 (off) to level 50 (full bright). User simply sets desired level per channel for each frame. Frames can be copied, pasted, rotated left and right, inserted and deleted. Frames also feature automatic fading. All user has to do is set the start and end levels and then enable fading, it just fads from one frame to the next. The led board will automatically either fade up or fade down and generated all the inbetween levels during pattern run time. Once a pattern is done, one click will burn the pattern into SPI EEPROM on the led board.

The hardware part is simple. The software, which is free, is where most my efforts are spent. The software is also a simulator so that if you do not have the hardware you may still create your own patterns till you decide to get the hardware Cool. There is also a Show Case. These are pattern configurations: lets say you want numbers 1,2,6,8,10 and 3 seconds between each or whatever other than straight 1 to 15, simply setup the Show Case and boom done. Each pattern burns into the led board in the time it take to click a mouse button, I bull shee-it you not. Software also supports Live Frames. This allows you to in real time view the led brightness levels on the real board at the same time in the software. Each led in software may also be re-arranged to a fixed shape or any shape by the user. I will have to get off my lazy but and film this to do it justice.

Cool
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That software looks great. Smile Let us know when it's done.
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fancy stuff, anotherhackmember! Very Happy

eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: