FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Spy camera power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suplex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Spy camera power Reply with quote

I have a tiny wireless cmos camera that I has a dissproportionate power cable to connect to a pp3 battery (JMK 007AS). When i look inside the camera, there are three power supply wires; looks like there's a common there, that goes to the camera board and also to the radio board, and then there's another wire goes to each.

I want to carry this camera on a small r/c heli and need to reduce the weight of it by using the power supply from the heli to power the camera (I guess it will work from two lipo cells, 7.4ish volts), so I don't have to carry the extra pp3 battery.

Has anyone hacked into the power jack socket to see how the 2 wire power supply from the pp3 is split into 3 wires?

[img]http://anfang.matop.com/Photo_Small/2006112104442265.jpg[/img]

Reverend Jones
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera board normally requires a regulated +5 vdc. If there is not a 5 volt regulator on the camera board, there is a good possibility it is in the power connector. Probably a 78L05 . If you have a volt meter handy, connect the wireless camera up to a battery and measure the voltage at the camera & radio boards.

Camera Link
suplex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUst like you said - thanks ! Connected the camera board to +5v on the r/c receiver and connected the 2.4 transmitter board to the main drive battery (2 lipoly, nominal 7.4v). All up weight of this setup is 8g (could be reduced even more by lightening the camera case).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: