FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

New LED chaser boards - charm of making exposed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anotherhackmember
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: New LED chaser boards - charm of making exposed Reply with quote

Here is the new series of my current 8-led chasers I sell. The originals have a fixed pattern in the hex code at burn time. Now these store patterns in EEPROM and gets the patterns from a PC using RS232. USB communication is in the works. Now the owner can program any of their own patterns they like, exchange patterns between friends. do pattern contest, buy specialty made patterns from me, so and and so forth...

The schematic:

The work in progress bread board:

The first run pcb. Resonator will be SMT when parts arrive:

A video:
http://www.anothercoilgunsite.com/vid-8led6-proto1.wmv

THE CODE:
No way in hell Twisted Evil

Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one comment...since you are generating user programmed patterns, one thing you might look at to bring your unit cost down is going with gate logic integrated circuits and freeing up all of those IO pins on the microcontroller. Logic IC's are cheap compared to microcontrollers, but I think you have a good idea. And that Max232 chip, I love those things. Haven't quit finding uses for them yet! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: