FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

laser mirror motor nightmare

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: laser mirror motor nightmare Reply with quote

yo again, im having serious trouble with the amp this time. i got me an op amp as i said before i think and im having trouble amplifying the signal, anyone know of a simple amplifying circuit for an AC signal?

i have a 5 volt power supply and a 600 mV audio signal. all i need is a digram with Rf and the other resistor and which ground/earth goes to which cos all im getting is one mirror rotating slowly and the other doing nothing...

plz move if its in the wrong place, i wont complain.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of amp circuits on this page that might help:
http://www.hobbyprojects.com/A/audio.html
gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry alan they dont work.

well the low power ones anyway...

was just wondering with the ground for both the input and output do they go to the ground for the supply to op amp or are they completely separate?

just wondering if i got my connections wrong or not cos it seams that i amplify on the inverted input and then it just works as a voltage follower on the non inverting input
Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They share the same ground....

Also, see is you are getting correct voltage after the first op amp. If that figure is a negative value, then you have the inputs switched. If you get nothing, something else is wrong.

That second op amp without gain usually just functions to bring the total resistance of the output down. Using an op amp usually makes the resistance very high, and a non amplifying second op amp is used to bring it back down.
gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry should of said before, the op amp i have has two exactly the same channels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Laser Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: