FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

laser build update!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: laser build update!! Reply with quote

here are some picys of my build sofar for the 15 laser display (lol)

mirrors:

i had to make the brass sleeves cos i misjudged the distance from the corner lol. the mirrors are also hand cut aswell and the motor holding plate / heat sink is hand bent aswell. it was from an old telephone number book! pretty much everything you see here wasnt payed for by me. lol even the screws were from a cdrom drive.

motors behind:

hehe, just gotta make the laser housing now... (probably bend a small piece around near the x mirror. i haven't decided which orientation ill have it at. what is the best orientation do you think?

i have also found out why the motors wouldn't do a square wave. It wasn't the motors lol, it was the software i was using.... audition won't generate a true square DC signal same as the square wave when seen on screen, it just makes a spike (i think is some protective device for the speakers considering the osc is at about 1.5 hz) so i got synthedit and made a LFO that will handle the low frequencies, control the inertia caused by sharp stopping AND make the sound card generate a + and - DC voltage.

gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: NEWS JUST IN! Reply with quote

NEWS JUST IN!

Buyer buys a brighter than expected laser for a seriously cheap price!!!

got given a laser level tonight and it loks seriously bright for the line, so i took it apart and removed the line lense and FECK!! i can see the beam perpendicular to the line it goes!!!! (in the dark) and its red!!! and i feel heat off of it!

and whats more i paid: 1! yes 1 it was from the 99p shop down the local!.

im getting another one tomorrow!!!
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it is coming along nicely. Smile

I love finding great deals on stuff like that.
gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: video!!! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkEXYY-HO8

a vid for one motor driven passively through my 2.1 left side speaker output (shouldn't really but hey it works (sorta). some frequencies are filtered in the 2.1 which causes erratic movement on some lower freqs such as 10 > 20 hz

but hey i got me a cross section of steam which looks cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Laser Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: