FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Blast any tune through your car horn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Blast any tune through your car horn Reply with quote

"What better to compliment your electrophoretic bumper sticker than yet another device that enables you to adequately express your road rage in a unique and an ear-catching manner? Horntones, of course, which offers drivers the ability to blast out their favorite tune at any swerving, unnerving, or otherwise annoying motorist ahead of you -- and it's sure to have a bit more impact than the meek "honk" (or "clap") your whip emits right now. The FX-550 strangely resembles an average aftermarket satellite radio controller, and is wired directly into your vehicle's horn system in order to blast out one of eight tunes with a press of a button, while new jams (or better yet, sound clips) can be added via USB. So if you're yearning to crank out your favorite angry song with absolutely no mids or lows, essentially ensuring public humiliation while you're attempting to appear incredibly macho. "

http://hacknmod.com/displayMOD.php?hack=128
http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/14/horntones-blasts-any-tune-through-your-car-horn/
http://www.horntones.com/

Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that a friend of mine had something similar to this, except the tones were "electronic keyboard-ish", and they couldn't be changed. It reminded me of ice cream truck music. One of them he used for road rage.... To make a long story short, he missed the road rage button on the panel a few times, and ended up playing "happy birthday" through the horn instead Very Happy
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nginuity wrote:
I remember that a friend of mine had something similar to this, except the tones were "electronic keyboard-ish", and they couldn't be changed. It reminded me of ice cream truck music. One of them he used for road rage.... To make a long story short, he missed the road rage button on the panel a few times, and ended up playing "happy birthday" through the horn instead Very Happy

LOL, it would make the guy that just cut him off feel like an ass. Smile
Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
LOL, it would make the guy that just cut him off feel like an ass. Smile

Agreed. We eventually took that out and put air horns in...but the pump competed with the already strapped electrical system of the truck (1000 watt stereo), and it just wasn't a good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: