FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Keyboard hacked down to a Keypad??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceFox20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Keyboard hacked down to a Keypad?? Reply with quote

Hi im new to the forum so this is my first post (hope i put it in the right place) haha

was wanting to know if anyone knows how to hack a keyboard up so i just have the keypad at the end wired up to the ps2 port???

why i want this is ive made the computer to go in my car for MP3s (made the case my self etc) but to run it i need a keypad to flick from song to song and i cant find a keypad that will run on ps2 port they all run from the usb and i computer i have does not have the usb port so can anyone help out??? please

thanks in advance

Icefox

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard hacked down to a Keypad?? Reply with quote

IceFox20 wrote:
Hi im new to the forum so this is my first post (hope i put it in the right place) haha

was wanting to know if anyone knows how to hack a keyboard up so i just have the keypad at the end wired up to the ps2 port???

why i want this is ive made the computer to go in my car for MP3s (made the case my self etc) but to run it i need a keypad to flick from song to song and i cant find a keypad that will run on ps2 port they all run from the usb and i computer i have does not have the usb port so can anyone help out??? please

thanks in advance

Icefox

Welcome to the forum,

I am not exactly sure what you need. Are you just wanting a number pad or a full keyboard that is PS2?

Either way they are both available, most modern keyboards come with a USB connector and a PS2 adapter so that it will work in either port. There are also lots of number pads that are mainly used for laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-64338-Comfort-Type-Keyboard/dp/B0000C4DX6

http://www.fentek-ind.com/keypad.htm
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want the keypad from a working keyboard, couldn't you cut the plastic part away, and fold the rest of the keyboard under itself?
IceFox20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys thanks for the repleys

yeah i might just try and buy one ah (hahaha) it sounds to do what i was thinking

i was trying to cut a keyboards keypad off and wire just the keypad up to a ps2 plug but i dont think it can been done but if anyone has any ideas that might help they would be welcomed

IceFox
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceFox20 wrote:
Hey guys thanks for the repleys

yeah i might just try and buy one ah (hahaha) it sounds to do what i was thinking

i was trying to cut a keyboards keypad off and wire just the keypad up to a ps2 plug but i dont think it can been done but if anyone has any ideas that might help they would be welcomed

IceFox

You sure can do that, keyboards are just a bunch of matrixed keys. Just make sure you complete that paths of any traces you cut when you mod it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: