FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

The Dishmaker

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you get one?
yes
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
no
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
mabey after they finalise it
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

MYK
HG Junior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: The Dishmaker Reply with quote

I want to talk about it here because the other forums I visit would not have the proper knowledge set to understand everything.

I personally like the idea but not the execution, like each plate takes a minute and you have to sit there and hand load the thing, now I'm sure It will all be automated by the time mass marketing moves around, but at minute a plate, cup, and bowl preparing for a party becomes time consuming. Also I don't care what he says you would still need to wash the disks before storage.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just incase you haven't seen the article, this is the one he is referring to
http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/02/28/dish-maker/
avenuegirl
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Dishmaker problems Reply with quote

I like the idea, and I see some problems and some other things to be considered with it.

He says that the plastic is non-toxic, but I'm having a problem believing that there are no fumes emitted through the heating.

Wonder if it's possible to do this with the corn based plastics that are biodegradable.

You are right in that this stuff does need to be cleaned off before re-use.

I also wonder how much electricity this thing uses.

I was thinking before I saw the video that this might be some kind of paper plate maker.

And where is the plastic ware to go with all this?

You know the girls are not going to be too excited with this machine. I personally like to eat off of real plates on a regular basis. I could see it having more uses for possibly the military.

Also wonder how much pressure you have to apply to make a cup break in your hand.
avenuegirl
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone brought up a unique use for the dish maker that might make sense.

Greenhouses need to transplant their plants, and the dishmaker would be great for planting and repotting.

I think a lot of plastic is wasted when people go to put plants in a larger container.

This device would easily allow you to crack off the old pot, or just melt it back down and perhaps double up the plastic to make a larger pot.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be an interesting use...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: