FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Need Help with resistors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
electron
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I always knew the photocell as an LDR (light dependant resistor) In some of my circuits I use a phototransistor in place the LDR. (sfh300-3)

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electron wrote:
Hi
I am a newbie to this forum. I have been playing around with electronics since just after WW2. Those were the days when you could buy tubes for next to nothing. 6L6, 6v6, 5v4, and so it goes on. Now with solid state its a whole new ball game. I am certain I am going to enjoy myself here. I took up photography a few years back and have made a few gizmo`s to aid this. Cool

Sounds interesting. I have never used a tube in my life!
electron
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
electron wrote:
Hi
I am a newbie to this forum. I have been playing around with electronics since just after WW2. Those were the days when you could buy tubes for next to nothing. 6L6, 6v6, 5v4, and so it goes on. Now with solid state its a whole new ball game. I am certain I am going to enjoy myself here. I took up photography a few years back and have made a few gizmo`s to aid this. Cool

It is a sore point with me. In my attic I had cases full of tubes. Then along comes solid state." Ah well I said no need for these now" So out they went on to the garbage tip. Now I read in HI FI mags they are in demand. All that is on offer is Chinese and Russian versions. Mad
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electron wrote:
Alan wrote:
electron wrote:
Hi

It is a sore point with me. In my attic I had cases full of tubes. Then along comes solid state." Ah well I said no need for these now" So out they went on to the garbage tip. Now I read in HI FI mags they are in demand. All that is on offer is Chinese and Russian versions. Mad

Too bad, some of the vintage tubes are getting top dollar on sites like Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: