FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

laser prob (sorry if in wrong place new here)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelo
HG Junior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: laser prob (sorry if in wrong place new here) Reply with quote

i got a laser burner module out of an old cd rw writer and im troubled to which connection gos where. It has two points of entry, 1 the ribbon wire and 2 a local slide connection, both have 4 channels:

picture here:

any ideas on where and how to power it to burning strength?

i tried direct connection before and the diode i used didnt last long on 3 volts lol

this module is from a YAMAHA CRW4260t-NB cd drive

the casing around the module before i took it of has " {M} GA9588 7 :. " on it...

and the lense frame has :

IMI

on it

thx in advance for anyone who can help on that...

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly sure, the only one that I have played with had leads on it.
http://alan-parekh.vstore.ca/product_info.php/cPath/5/products_id/35

The circuit is also much simpler than the one you have...

The guy in this article simply connected the raw laser diodes to power so I guess it must be a different type than you have.
http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/11/15/high-powered-laser-from-dvd-burner/#comment-53622

No clue if this would work but I would use a low voltage (something around 2 to 2.5 volts) and try to determine which pin is the ground pin (of the 4 factory connections). You can normally do this by looking at what the pins are electrically connected to. Then take the low voltage positive line and briefly tap it to the 3 remaining pins. Not scientific but it is worth a shot. Of course you could trace out the circuit and then determine how it was actually built and what each pin really does too...

Nice closeup picture by the way! Good luck. Cool
joka
HG Junior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Cd writer laser not that bright Reply with quote

hi i took a laser diode out of a faulty cd writer, the laser diode is visible red version not the infrared type, but the laser diode is not that bright when i connect it to a 3 volt battery. maybe laser diode was the faulty part in the cd writer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Laser Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: