FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Hello there

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Hello there Reply with quote

Just want to introduce myself. I am a computer engineering major at virginia tech. When i'm not doing class projects, i'm doing a project with a PIC. My current project is attempting to interface my ipod with a pic (18f2525) and a 4 line 20 character LCD for my car. My only problem is that i keep on soldering pins together on the iPod connector Embarassed . I also have a fascination with ultrabright LEDs. I have an idea to replace all the light blubs in my room with LEDs, and control them with a couple of mosfets and PWM of a pic.

If anyone has any PIC or electronic questions, i'll try to answer them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i love free samples. Microchip has a great selection of microcontrollers and analog devices. I used their temperature sensors to measure how hot my northbridge was getting. They were small enough to fit inbetween the fins of the heat sink. Also freescale has accelerometers, but i haven't been able to play around with them yet.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BronzeG3,

That ipod project sounds sweet. I want to see the final project once you are done Smile. PIC chips are great and I also love the free samples! I was looking around last year for some accelerometers to try out but couldn't find any that were either inexpensive or free. Thanks for the info I will have to check out Freescale when I have some time. What is the interface they take? Something like 1-Wire?
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The accelerometers are analog, so its easy to connect to any A/D converter. I haven't been able to play around with them much due to final exams, but once the summer starts, I should have lots o free time to due all the stuff i want.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BronzeG3 wrote:
I should have lots o free time to due all the stuff i want.

Nice Very Happy

Good luck on the exams and we will wait to see what creations you come up with. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: