FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Voltage division problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramses_II
HG Junior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Voltage division problem Reply with quote

Voltage Division problem

I put 4x leds (2V) on my circuit on the serial way and I have 9V supply, my question is what if I don't put the LEd-s on the serial way will every LED get a
9V suplly so I can put a 3V battery because it's smaller? Idea Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Voltage division problem Reply with quote

ramses_II wrote:
Voltage Division problem

I put 4x leds (2V) on my circuit on the serial way and I have 9V supply, my question is what if I don't put the LEd-s on the serial way will every LED get a
9V suplly so I can put a 3V battery because it's smaller? Idea Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Hi ramses_II,

Use a LED resistor calculator to calculate the resistor value you need:
http://alan-parekh.com/led_resistor_calculator.html

In the first calculator (single LED) enter 3 Volts for the supply voltage, 2 Volts for the LED voltage and 30mA or whatever the rating of your LED is.

If the LED current is 30mA then a 34 ohm resistor is optimal. You can make a 34 ohm resistor by putting two 68 ohm resistors in parallel.
http://alan-parekh.vstore.ca/product_info.php/cPath/12_13/products_id/57

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: