FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Embed LCD into mini PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xero27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Embed LCD into mini PC Reply with quote

Hey I need to know if anyone knows how to embed an LCD screen into a PC. Like what type of screen to get, what the connection type is, and how to get it to work with 15-pin VGA. This is for an iMac style mini pc im building. Thank you!

BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "get it to work with 15 pin VGA". Do you just want the monitor to run off a standard vga port? If that is the case, all you have to do is find an LCD small enough that has a vga connection. I would suggest getting a LCD designed for cars, and use a composite video card/connector.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Embed LCD into mini PC Reply with quote

xero27 wrote:
Hey I need to know if anyone knows how to embed an LCD screen into a PC. Like what type of screen to get, what the connection type is, and how to get it to work with 15-pin VGA. This is for an iMac style mini pc im building. Thank you!

I agree with Bronze. Something like this sounds like it is what you need:
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-TFT-LCD-AV-TV-VGA-PS2-Car-AV-PC-3in1-Monitor_W0QQitemZ280027245268QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32826QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pull the guts out and mount it in whatever you want. Smile

Please note I have no idea on the quality of this specific item...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: