FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Old Contour helmet cam modding - cable extending question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Flint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Old Contour helmet cam modding - cable extending question Reply with quote

For a while i had this odd idea, of separating the lens sensor module from the camera body,
so i could have it inside the helmet front vent hole, and the main body on the back of the helmet.
So im thinking of splicing a longer cable in between. Since it ought to be shielded i thought that an unused IDE cable should be good enough.
Here is what inside:

The idea was to cut that blue bundle, and to splice the ide cable in.
So the question are
- Is the IDE cable a good choice, or i ought to used other cables.
- What are my chances for failure/success? The camera aint worth much anymore, but i dont really want to break it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: