FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

DIY LED Trigger complete project (Schematic, Layout and BOM)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jman 31

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: DIY LED Trigger complete project (Schematic, Layout and BOM) Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first post here, so I thought I would share my most recent project. I just recently came across this website and I love it!

This is a DIY circuit for triggering LED strips (12v RGB or single color) typically for drummers that anyone with a little electronics experience can make themselves.

This is a single LED trigger that works with any piezo drum trigger. The Prototype is done and functioning very well. The PCB toner transfer PDF is below along with a BOM (with mouser.com components speced). I think I also may throw together some complete kits if anyone is interested let me know. I figured to include all of the components, the piezo trigger, the enclosure and the RGB LED strip.

The dip switches will allow for switching between the Red, Green and Blue, but also give you mixture combinations of Yellow, White and I think it's Cyan or Purple (can't remember).

I am working on a paper drill template for the enclosure. I will post that once I have verified that all of the holes are in the right place.

EDIT: *******NEW FILE!***** Here is the PDF for toner transfer with eight PCB's: TONER TRANSFER FILE

The BOM (Bill of Materials) can be found below.

BILL OF MATERIALS:
ENCLOSURE
POWER SUPPLY
J1 12V DC Jack 1pc
Trigger Jack 1 pc
Trigger Jack Nut 1 pc
LED Jack 1 pc
Sensitivity and Duration Pots 2 pcs
IC2 555 Timer IC 1 pc
IC Socket 1 pc
SW1 3 Contact Dip Switch 1 pc
Q1 2N2222 Transistor 1 pc
Q2 TIP31 Transistor 1 pc
D2 1N4148 (1N914) Diode 1 pc
C1, C2 1uF Electrolytic Caps 2 pcs
R1 470R Resistor 1 pc
R2 10K Resistor 1 pc
R3 150R Resistor 1 pc
R4 1K Resistor 1 pc

jman 31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE is a video of it in action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: