FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Internet controlled bot using IO-204

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Internet controlled bot using IO-204 Reply with quote

I want to build an internet controlled tank using an iobridge io-204 module.
I've got a couple dilemas concerning this build.
The first one and most important is how can I connect the io-204 to the internet using some sort of wireless connection. I thought about 3g modems and other crap like that...but things don't add up. If you know any means of doying this, please tell me.
Second dilema...I intend to make a PIC16F84A to communicate with the io-204 using the serial output on the iobridge and the serial in on the pic. Is this even possible? If not, could you give me a reliable mean of controlling either 2 continous rotating motors(I thought about servo smart board) or 2 DC motors(H-bridge or so)
Last dilema....how can i use a webcam to stream live video to the internet or should i use a different camera?
I thought about using a Li-Po battery pack of 6 volts at 2000MAh and some 5 volt regulators to power the device in the end because both the iobridge and the servos use 5 or 6 volts.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Internet controlled bot using IO-204 Reply with quote

Alexander125 wrote:
I want to build an internet controlled tank using an iobridge io-204 module.
I've got a couple dilemas concerning this build.
The first one and most important is how can I connect the io-204 to the internet using some sort of wireless connection. I thought about 3g modems and other crap like that...but things don't add up. If you know any means of doying this, please tell me.
Second dilema...I intend to make a PIC16F84A to communicate with the io-204 using the serial output on the iobridge and the serial in on the pic. Is this even possible? If not, could you give me a reliable mean of controlling either 2 continous rotating motors(I thought about servo smart board) or 2 DC motors(H-bridge or so)
Last dilema....how can i use a webcam to stream live video to the internet or should i use a different camera?
I thought about using a Li-Po battery pack of 6 volts at 2000MAh and some 5 volt regulators to power the device in the end because both the iobridge and the servos use 5 or 6 volts.

If you have a wireless router close by you could use a second router in bridge mode and plug into it.

You sure can read in serial data into the PIC chip without any problems.

As far as the camera goes use a cheap IP camera, that way you can just plug it in a use it right away without a computer.
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

massive change of plans...I bought an arduino uno(smd) ghearbox, IR range sensor and misc parts. i'll make it talk to the iobridge using a small radio transciever. And as I expected, I stumbled at the CODE=)).
I'm trying to programm the arduino and eclipse wouldn't find libraries and makes fun of me=)). I'm a total noobie at programming microcontrollers...I'm a lot better at hardware stuff. Help me please
Sad...Thanks in advance
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problems solved...I haven't posted in such a long time because i've been busy with school...my project is on the home straight...pictures coming soon.
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problems solved...I haven't posted in such a long time because i've been busy with school...my project is on the home straight...pictures coming soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: