FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Running Garbage Disposal from 12v Battery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
margaritaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Running Garbage Disposal from 12v Battery Reply with quote

Hello Group,

I am hoping someone out there has a solution for my problem. I use a 3/4 hp garbage disposal to power a mobile blender based on a lawnmower (with a standard riding lawnmower battery). The blender motor is an induction motor not a brush-type motor. I would like to be able to use battery power when I am not near a 110v outlet. I purchased a 1000w modified sine inverter thinking this was more than enough wattage to handle the 800w start-up draw of the motor. This is not enough.

Does anybody have any ideas for reducing the electric draw from the motor? The induction motors cannot be controlled by a "dimmer" so that easy solution is out....as far as I know.

Thanks in advance for any advise you have to share.

Dan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: