FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

how to control a high voltage stuff with microcontroller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHEREKILI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: how to control a high voltage stuff with microcontroller Reply with quote

hi all i goat my first microcontroller yesterday as a learning kit at radio shack it is called parallax basic stamp bc-2 item # 90005
i was playing, discovering and learning with it a few days but know am and up with tons of questions

first question is how can i control lets say a 120v lamp with it Rolling Eyes?

next question is this thing only has 9 volt Battery sou its max output is 9 volts lets say i want to control a few 12 volt motors with it how can i do that?

i can figure out by my own how to program but i need help to how to connect higher voltage stuff to microcontroller?

Cool please go easy on me i am new in this microcontroller world Question Idea

Pete_m
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

There are a lot of ways to do this. If you want to dim the light google SCR circuits. If its just on/off control google relay circuits or Solid State Relays - SSR's.

Quote:
next question is this thing only has 9 volt Battery sou its max output is 9 volts lets say i want to control a few 12 volt motors with it how can i do that?

I think you will find that "max output" is actually 5v. Google H-bridges for some information on how to control a motor.
arachne007
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: how to control a high voltage stuff with microcontroller Reply with quote

SHEREKILI wrote:

You need to isolate this high voltage not to destroy ur micro. The easiest way is using Relay or SSR (Solid state relay)

SHEREKILI wrote:

This can be done using transistor driver circuits. You can use separate power supply with common ground.
Just as Pete_m said, for motor controlling, many people use H-bridge configuration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: