FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Need help with fixing a camcorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Need help with fixing a camcorder Reply with quote

So, my mom has an old panasonic NV-RS7EG camcorder, that took a fall from abot 3 feet off the ground...When I tried to power it up, i realised that all the electronics inside work, except the viewfinder....it shows all-round white with 3 black stripes runnig vertically across the screen.
Since it is a CRT,I'm asuming that i've got to deal with a few KV, so...might be tricky....
If anyone knows anything about what happened or how could I fix it, please let me know....
Thanks in advance.

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd first open it up and maybe you're lucky and something is just loose.
Maybe give it a tap on the side when it's on.
That might be a start to finding out what the problem is. Good luck Smile
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...I took the damn thing apart and found the viewfinder, took it apart and found a small LCD display....seriously screwed up....the only thing that still works is the backlight Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ...I have 2 options...buying a viewfinder and replacing it or buying some sort of color LCD and hooking it up straight to the video-out of the camera...or i could just scrap it and take the good bits out of it like the lens, motors....etc...
If you know some sort of LCD display that has got an video input, let me know...or some place that I could buy a replacement viewfinder...
Thanks in advance
PS...it ain't a CRT display, though i've found CRT's in camcorders...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: