FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Portable CD Player.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadnessInside

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Portable CD Player. Reply with quote

I've had the CD Player sitting on my desk now for a while and because it's gradually becoming obsolete I have decided to look around inside.However after removing all but one screw and checking for hidden screws I am unable to open the case.This remaining screw appears to be somewhat mangled. I have tried using WD 40 to lubricate it as suggested online however it refuses to budge.

Edit:Brute forced it and then in my attempt to extract the laser broke everything else

Oh well lesson learnt I guess.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Portable CD Player. Reply with quote

MadnessInside wrote:
I've had the CD Player sitting on my desk now for a while and because it's gradually becoming obsolete I have decided to look around inside.However after removing all but one screw and checking for hidden screws I am unable to open the case.This remaining screw appears to be somewhat mangled. I have tried using WD 40 to lubricate it as suggested online however it refuses to budge.

Edit:Brute forced it and then in my attempt to extract the laser broke everything else

Oh well lesson learnt I guess.

That's the problem with technology these days, most of it was never meant to be serviced. Hidden screws and all those snap together housings drive me crazy. I am sure you can scavenge lots of cool parts from the damaged machine though which would probably never have been turned on it it's life again anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other Hacks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: