FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

TRANSFORMERS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
electron
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: TRANSFORMERS Reply with quote

Hi
Since the birth of solid state, hi volts transformers have died a death. As I have been building flash power packs needing about 450 volts I have resorted to voltage doublers and triplers. What is the transformer position like over there? Over here they are as rare as hens teeth.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TRANSFORMERS Reply with quote

electron wrote:
Hi
Since the birth of solid state, hi volts transformers have died a death. As I have been building flash power packs needing about 450 volts I have resorted to voltage doublers and triplers. What is the transformer position like over there? Over here they are as rare as hens teeth.

I haven't needed high voltage transformers for any of my projects but most people here are using transformers from microwaves and neon signs as a good source of high voltage power.
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you need a very HV you could do with a flyback from a tv, but alan's option should do just as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: