FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

My new site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> List Your Site Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete_m
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: My new site Reply with quote

Just listing my blog to get a bit of feedback.

-Pete

http://petemills.blogspot.com

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: My new site Reply with quote

Pete_m wrote:
Just listing my blog to get a bit of feedback.

-Pete

http://petemills.blogspot.com

Welcome Pete,

The kitchen timer looks like a fun project. Are you going to post a schematic and some sample code for it?
Pete_m
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan, Yes, I will post the schematics and my embarrassing C source soon. < 1 week.
prashant32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey looks nice blog. i also have blogspot blog of pr 2. keep doing good work.
Pete_m
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what stage of data loss grief I am in but I think I am mostly back to normal. I was going to post the code etc but I have suffered a catastrophic HDD failure. I do my programming and eagle CAD on the windows laptop, I guess because I have AVR studio too, idk it just seems easy. Anyway, even though I have automatic updates turned off, Bill Gates personally logged into my computer while it was booting to download an update. It rebooted to BSOD and was done.

I did post another project in the mean time however, but it;s just an RGB lamp.

meh
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete_m wrote:
I am not sure what stage of data loss grief I am in but I think I am mostly back to normal. I was going to post the code etc but I have suffered a catastrophic HDD failure. I do my programming and eagle CAD on the windows laptop, I guess because I have AVR studio too, idk it just seems easy. Anyway, even though I have automatic updates turned off, Bill Gates personally logged into my computer while it was booting to download an update. It rebooted to BSOD and was done.

I did post another project in the mean time however, but it;s just an RGB lamp.

meh

Sorry to hear about your data loss.

I haven't had a HDD crash for a long time but a few days ago a piece of code (about a 2 day effort) was overwritten. That sick feeling washed over me for a few days...

Nice thing was that I wrote it again in about 4 hours since I had already experienced all the pitfalls and debugging pains the first time. I am usually quite good at backing up work but I guess I need to double my effort. Confused
Pete_m
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we should all know better its just that hardware is so good these days we get complacent. O, well like you said Alan, we may have lost the data but we retained the experience.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete_m wrote:
Yeah, we should all know better its just that hardware is so good these days we get complacent. O, well like you said Alan, we may have lost the data but we retained the experience.

I remember my 400MB drive that cost me about $500 died and I lost a ton of stuff. Back then there were no inexpensive ways to backup all the data. I guess 2 or 3 hundred floppies would have done it but that would have cost as much as the drive and taken a few days...

Wow how times have changed. Now 400MB could be backed up on a thumb drive in about 2 minutes and it costs about as much as a fast food meal. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> List Your Site Here All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: