FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Fuzz Face guitar effects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumblebeepee
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Fuzz Face guitar effects Reply with quote

I'd used an Abiter Fuzz Face distortion pedal on a guitar and found it was pretty good, so i decided to make my own, as they seamed quite simple,
http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/fuzzface.php
FuzzCentral had the schematics for this effect pedal and quite a few more that I will attempt later on,
I had gotten all the parts needed to make the circuits from de soldering old electronics,
the only differences I had to make is:
1- that I needed a 100kΩ variable resistor for volume control, I only had a 50kΩ variable resistor, so I put it in line with a 50kΩ fixed resistor, so there is some volume control at least.
2- the PNP transistors that the Fuzz Face circuits use are mainly Germanium transistors (some made with Silicon transistors), I did not have either of the transistors they used in the circuits, so I substituted similar silicon transistors to be used.
3- that I didn't have any breadboards or circuit boards I could use, so I had to solder it into a 3d tangle of things. so it don't look too great

the result, a small simple circuit, but something that don't look to pretty, the sound is a bit a bit different to the real thing, a bit of a lower frequency distortion, most likely because of the substitution of parts when it was made, but a good result, overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: