FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Calculating inductors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Calculating inductors Reply with quote

I'm working at a subwoofer unit and I need a fiter to keep only the low ones. I have a schematic but I have to build a 2.57 mH inductor. Anyone knows how to make it? I have some ferrite toroidal cores and magnet wire, i only need to put them together. I already built the amplifier and the howsing is on the way, need to assemble it . For the power supply, I'm using a toroid transformer for 220-12V at 30 watts.The amplifier is a mono 30W-50W using two TDA2030's.I'm also using a big 6700microfarad capacitor to smooth things out in the power supply.
The speaker is a 130mm 50W . It's got quite a long throw.It's supposed to put out aprox 100 db.
So, please tell me how to make an inductor, or else I'm screwed. Thank's in advance and Happy Hollidays. Very Happy

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Calculating inductors Reply with quote

Alexander125 wrote:
I'm working at a subwoofer unit and I need a fiter to keep only the low ones. I have a schematic but I have to build a 2.57 mH inductor. Anyone knows how to make it? I have some ferrite toroidal cores and magnet wire, i only need to put them together. I already built the amplifier and the howsing is on the way, need to assemble it . For the power supply, I'm using a toroid transformer for 220-12V at 30 watts.The amplifier is a mono 30W-50W using two TDA2030's.I'm also using a big 6700microfarad capacitor to smooth things out in the power supply.
The speaker is a 130mm 50W . It's got quite a long throw.It's supposed to put out aprox 100 db.
So, please tell me how to make an inductor, or else I'm screwed. Thank's in advance and Happy Hollidays. Very Happy

I went through building a sub about 15 years ago. The box building was really the project since I purchased the crossover components.

This site should help you though.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-speakers/8387-inductor-design-construction.html

Let us know how you make out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: